Schnauzer Lovers
Hi and Welcome to Schnauzer Lovers Forum a place where you can chat with other Schnauzer lovers just like you!...This Board is brand new so we need you to help make this board what it can be Smile To post on this forum you must first Register. Please come on in and tell us all about your Schnauzer! Please read Rules of this forum at Registration.
Schnauzer Lovers
Hi and Welcome to Schnauzer Lovers Forum a place where you can chat with other Schnauzer lovers just like you!...This Board is brand new so we need you to help make this board what it can be Smile To post on this forum you must first Register. Please come on in and tell us all about your Schnauzer! Please read Rules of this forum at Registration.
Schnauzer Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum was designed so that schnauzer lovers of all kinds can chat about their special friends. Find helpful information and share photo's.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  LinksLinks  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Thank You for visiting Schnauzer Lovers, We hope You enjoy your stay here. Please remember to Introduce yourself and your Schnauzer in the forum!

A few tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Braylynn
Administrator
Braylynn

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 4
Warning Level : A few tips 010110

A few tips Empty
PostSubject: A few tips   A few tips Clock110Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Potty training your Schnauzer:

The method that worked for me was crate training, and by 6 months my dogs no longer had to use the crate. I also took my puppy out about every 30 mins and anytime after they ate, drank, woke up, or played. I would go from every 30 min to every 45 mins as they got older, etc. When purchasing a crate make sure it is comfortable and use soft, washable liners or dog blankets. You also wanna make sure that the puppy only has enough room to stand up and turn around comfortably. If you give a Schnauzer more room then this , then they will most likely use the restroom on one side and sleep on the opposite side. I recommend buying a crate that will be big enough for when they get older, yet grows with the puppy. (has a divider) I never used puppy pads, to me it made me feel like I was telling them its ok to go potty in the house as long as you do it here... Just a few things to help out. Let us know your best potty training methods!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schnauzerlovers.net
GUINEVERE
GUINEVERE

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 1
Warning Level : A few tips 010110

A few tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few tips   A few tips Clock110Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 pm

As we had to go to work 2 days after we got our puppy I thought it wasn't fair to leave him crated. I bought a puppy pen and put that around the crate. It had paper in one corner incase he couldn't wait till we came home....max 3 hours. Any accidents I cleaned throughly with bleach free cleaner. When we were there we did same as Braylynn suggested. Also if he sniffed floor he went out. We always went out with him and made like we won the lottery when he went. He was trained within 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down

A few tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schnauzer Lovers  :: General Discussion :: Potty Training your Schnauzer!-
Jump to: