Schnauzer Lovers
Hi and Welcome to Schnauzer Lovers Forum a place where you can chat with other Schnauzer lovers just like you!...This Board is brand new so we need you to help make this board what it can be Smile To post on this forum you must first Register. Please come on in and tell us all about your Schnauzer! Please read Rules of this forum at Registration.
Schnauzer Lovers
Hi and Welcome to Schnauzer Lovers Forum a place where you can chat with other Schnauzer lovers just like you!...This Board is brand new so we need you to help make this board what it can be Smile To post on this forum you must first Register. Please come on in and tell us all about your Schnauzer! Please read Rules of this forum at Registration.
Schnauzer Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum was designed so that schnauzer lovers of all kinds can chat about their special friends. Find helpful information and share photo's.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  LinksLinks  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Thank You for visiting Schnauzer Lovers, We hope You enjoy your stay here. Please remember to Introduce yourself and your Schnauzer in the forum!
Similar topics

why did you choose a mini schnauzer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lenniem1

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 3
Warning Level : why did you choose a mini schnauzer 010110

why did you choose a mini schnauzer Empty
PostSubject: why did you choose a mini schnauzer   why did you choose a mini schnauzer Clock110Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 am

Hi My name is Lennie I have three mini schnauzers,

Bugsy is 15 years old and was my first and oldest mini. He is a dog that set the standards for my opinion of a schnauzer. I first got him when he turned 8 weeks old. I had had dogs before ranging from terriers to Chow chows to mixed breeds. My last dog before Bugsy was a Chow Chow named Thor. I have several brothers and sisters and all of our dogs have always been family pets. But Thor was the first one to fully attach himself to me. I have never had a dog that waited for me to come home by sisting in the front yard and just wait. Mom told me often how he wouldnt move all day untill he heard my car down the street. He was my best friend. I will never forget him. It had been over 10 years since I even thought of another dog. But one day for some reason I looked at the paper and I noticed an add for mini schnauzer pups for sale. Without telling my roommate, I inquired about one of them. and the lady said she had one left. This was on a wensday and I asked if she could hold him for me. I would like to come by on friday and look at him. She agreed. The next night I got a phone call from her, she was very upset. Someone had stolen the puppy from her. I was devastated. And said that is ok, I did not even look at another add hers was the only one I seen. The next day she called me again, and told me about some friends of hers who had mini schnauzer puppies, but they werent registered, and I could if I liked one get him at a resonable price. I reluctanty agreed to go look. After all I wasnt really looking for a dog. But I told my roommate I was going to look at a dog, and he went with me. I went in the yard with the puppies and they all came up to me and climmed and explored but one puppy came up to me and he climbed in jmy lap and rolled over on his back and wanted me to scratch his belly. Then when I started to look at another pup this guy pushed them out of the way he wanted my attentention. And I said he is the one, and everyone said dont you want to look at all of them, I said no. this lil guy insist upon it. When I got him home I found the only way to get him to sleep was to put his crate next to my bed and I had to keep my hand in his crate every night for a week. Bugsy Malone is his name. He was eager to please. He never bit anyone. I taught him tricks unsing both verbal and handsignals. He would learn a trick in less than 10 minutes. He can shake with either left or right paw depending on which u called for. He loved to play hide and seek. He is a little old for that kind of horse play now. But Bugsy has always been at my side, I have even taken him to work, I work in a medical office, and he would follow the dr around the office Doc loves him too. I know the average life span is 12-14 years for a miniature. Bugsy is 15. A friend asked me if I have thought of what I am going to do with him when he... Crosses into the Rainbow Bridge. I said I will have him creamated I guess. And have a stone with his image and name caarved to I may have one for everyone Bugsy Knows. It is really hard watching him spend more time these days sleeping then up chasing the birds in the back. Arthritis has begun to bother him as well. Wow I didnt mean to go on about my bugsaloni and cheese puppy. I lost both my parents and my dogs are my only kids. And I always say I can handle the fate that is inevitble. But with each passing day, When I get home from work I rush to Bugsy and joyfully say his name and I thank God everytime he raises his head, even if he just lays it back down after I tell him I love him. My worst fear is that he will pass while I am at work, Ever since he was a pup I would hold his paw while he slept and he would pull it away a few times but then give in to me holding it. Now he will come to me and put is paw in my hand as he lays down and rest. I have a friend who comes over and sits with him now while I am a work. But I pray to God I am here with him when his time comes. Bugsy isnt over yet, he still loves to go out and walk the yard, only now it is once or twice a day and it is a slow stroll. Not every 10 minutes like he used to do. when he could run all day. But I have to bow my head and say Heavenly Father Thank you for bringing Bugsy into my life and I can only ask one more thing dear Lord allow me to be with him when it is time to go.

I am sorry I never got to introduce my other two children of mischieve. But Next time.
Back to top Go down
Braylynn
Administrator
Braylynn

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 4

PostSubject: thank you   why did you choose a mini schnauzer Clock110Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm

I really enjoyed reading your story, I can tell how much bugsy means to you. Schnauzer really are great dogs personalities are so great. I have 5 and they each have their own personality. The hand holding part just made my heart melt, that is just the cutest thing. I , like you have no children so these are my babies as well. I hope you will share pictures of your wonderful bugsy. This site is slowly getting there, we have quite a few members ,I have just ran outta ways of getting people to chat. Hopefully they will get chatting soon Smile Really look forward to hearing about your other two as well. Welcome to Schnauzer lovers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.schnauzerlovers.net
bernieh48

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 3

PostSubject: Re: why did you choose a mini schnauzer   why did you choose a mini schnauzer Clock110Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Wow love your story as well. I am new as well. I have 3 mini's. I lost my older one on thw 4th of July 4 yrs ago. He was my big baby. I too had him cremated and have him with me at all times. I also don't have any children and these are mine. lol Thanks for the wonderful chat website!
Back to top Go down
MerlinsMommy
MerlinsMommy

How Many Schnauzers In Family? : 1

PostSubject: Re: why did you choose a mini schnauzer   why did you choose a mini schnauzer Clock110Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 pm

So sorry for your loss bernie. I dread the day that Merlin passes. He just turned four last month so hopefully there are many fun-filled years ahead of us and I try to make sure we make the most of each day we have together. I think I would do the same as you both did with the cremation.

Lennie, your story was very touching. Any tips to keep them happy and healthy to 15 yrs old?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why did you choose a mini schnauzer   why did you choose a mini schnauzer Clock110

Back to top Go down

why did you choose a mini schnauzer
Page 1 of 1